Monday, May 2, 2011

Progress? Sort of...

Several days have gone by, and so far I've managed to get very little writing done on my newest venture. However, I did receive some excellent feedback, both constructive and supportive, on a project I've been carrying around for quite some time. It seems to have been just the kick I needed, because it renewed my interest in the piece. I was prepared to sideline this particular bit because I was becoming so bored with it. I think I'm going to dig it out and see where this takes me.

One of the most difficult parts of regular writing that I encounter is my one-year-old son, Evan. This miraculous, amazing, perfectly wonderful little being makes it a great challenge to make progress of any kind. I am constantly torn between two of my dear loves. Of course, no matter how badly I desire to write, I am a mother first.

For now, this means that I write when the kiddo is asleep or otherwise occupied with a toy, the cat or his daddy. When he's a little older and spending more time with friends and daycare and such, I will be able to give my writing more of the time it deserves. In the meantime, I write in short bursts whenever I get a free second and it meshes properly with a bit of creativity.

That being said, time for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment